Finding the perfect gift for you and your home to keep your travel memories going
We know all too well that feeling of euphoria you get while travelling, then the sudden let down after a trip has been and gone. How do you keep hold of those travel vibes a little longer?
We’ve been looking for some ingenious ways to keep our precious memories going long after the journey has ended, as well as some fun and personal gifts to suit everyone in your family who loves travel too.
One of my favourite places to shop for original and personalised travel-inspired gifts is online store Uncommon Goods. Not only are there some seriously cool and original ideas and gadgets, but;
- I can shop in my local currency and they’ll ship direct (living in the UAE this is so rare!!)
- Free returns are offered at present on internationally shipped items!!
- Their website is super friendly to use with items clearly set out making it a breeze to drill down to the products you’re actually seeking at the price you want to pay (seriously one of the best gift buying homepages I’ve seen!)
- They have a philosophy of sustainability I can really get behind. They work with small business and artists who not only source eco-friendly and recycled products but are encouraged to make their products in a socially and environmentally friendly manner as well
- In the spirit of giving, you also have the option to donate to a not-for-profit cause at check out!
So without further ado, here are our suggestions on keeping those vacation memories alive.
Mapping out your adventures
Anyone else with obsessed with world maps as I am? Loving these ideas to create something personalised just for you. We already have the scratch map but would love something that incorporates photos too.
Seriously cool home decor ideas
Beyond just, maps, immortalise the places you love with some reminders around the home!
Keeping it personal – travel jewelry
Not just for the home, take your map art with you in these personalised world travel reminders, they make wonderful little stocking stuffers.
Ideas that all the family can enjoy
I also love ideas that the kids can get involved with too. Something we love to do during our travels is picking out Christmas tree decorations. We have everything from Mexican singing Santas to Canadian black bears and Omani camels in our collection! Every year we get the excitement and pleasure when putting up our tree of memories from the year gone by.
We also love anything that involves globes and maps! From picking where family members live to ‘that place where you bought us ice cream’ (clearly they remember the important stuff) we love having little reminders all over our home, even better if they’re interactive.
If you love your travel decor as much as we do, don’t forget to check out our Pinterest travel Decor Board and if you missed it, pop back and check out our original and unique gift ideas for boys & men also sourced from Uncommon Goods.
What special travel-inspired touches could you give your home – or your jewellery perhaps?
Pin For Later
Disclosures: This post has been written in collaboration with one of our favourite online stores Uncommon Goods. They are a business we genuinely believe in and support their cause, we have found their customer service to be excellent and are personally repeat customers! The post contains affiliate links that will earn us a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
© Our Globetrotters