If there’s one thing we know best here at Our Globetrotters it’s the ins and outs of travelling with babies!
I know leaving the house with an infant can feel daunting in those first few months let alone a night away – or the prospect of flying halfway around the world! Preparing for baby travel can be incredibly stressful and I bet you have a load of questions you might be embarrassed to ask.
Let us guide you through your baby travel journey step by step and give you the confidence that YOU CAN TRAVEL WITH YOUR KIDS – AND ENJOY IT!
Flying with a Baby
One of the most daunting aspects of travel can be getting on a plane with your bundle of joy. Air travel can do unpredictable things to babies making it a nerve-racking experience that you might be ‘those parents’ with the screaming infant. Fear not, we have a lot of your flying with baby questions answered here:
- Everything you need to know flying with a baby – includes what you should bring on board, how to move about the airport and ideas for keeping baby entertained on board
- Flying with two (or more) kids – the rules explained and strategies to cope when you’re outnumbered!
- The Ultimate Guide to Airline Baby Bassinets – a must-read before tackling a long-haul flight; how to book the coveted infant seat and a by airline guide on sizes
- How to fly with breastmilk & pumping on the go – practical tips for breastfeeders and expressed milk
- 15 practical ways to conquer jet lag – an ultra-practical guide to help all the family cope with the effects of long-haul travel and recover faster
- Most entertaining airplane toys for a baby – here’s what we pack to keep our babies entertained on board
RELATED READING: For more general flying advice with all age groups, including our review of baby facilities & extra luggage allowances make sure you check out our FLYING WITH KIDS homepage.
Baby Packing & Travel Gear
One of the major off-putting factors of going anywhere with a baby is the amount of gear you need to bring with you! From stroller travel systems to infant car seats, what do you really need?
Helping you with some of those critical packing decisions we have several product reviews and round-ups for baby travel products you may find helpful;
- 10 baby travel essentials – includes a baby travel packing list
- Baby Registry items for travel-loving parents to be
- The best high chairs for travelling
- Best nursing covers for breastfeeding mammas
- Best water slings and carriers – for beach trips with your baby
- Phil & Teds Traveller (portable Cot) Review
- Fly Babyee Sleep Cover – for air travel with an infant & sun protection
- Selecting the perfect stroller for family travel – includes whether you should invest in baby travel system strollers (and why you will definitely end up owning more than one!)
- Best lightweight double strollers – expecting twins? You will want to invest in one of these for frequent travel
- 5 reasons a nursing cover is the best baby travel accessory
- Review of the ultralight, ultra-compact Mountain Buggy Nano – yes it really does fit in the overhead locker of a plane!
- The best pop-up beach tents for babies
Still not sure what to pack?
All readers who sign up to join the Globetrotters online community can download our Family Travel Checklist and specialised Baby Travel Checklist. Please sign up here to grab these essential giveaways and join our mailing list.
General Baby Travel Advice
- 5 important things to know before travelling with a newborn (and the new post-natal you)
- 5 steps to baby-proofing your hotel room
- Everything you need to know about travelling with baby bottles
- 10 Essentials tips for planning a road tripping with a baby
- Camping Essentials for a Baby
- How to go hiking with a baby
- Bringing baby to the beach
- Surviving long road trips with a baby
- Family Travel Health (includes advice around immunisations and the latest news on Zika Virus)
RELATED READING: Past the baby stage – come on over to our TODDLER advice section – now the fun & games really begin!
Not yet had your first baby?
No worries, here at Our Globetrotters we’re looking out for expectant mothers too, see our posts covering:
- Travelling while Pregnant
- 5 tips for flying while pregnant
- 5 tips to prevent babymoon disaster
- Zika Virus: Information for pregnant travellers
© Our Globetrotters