Introducing Keri Hedrick; freelance travel writer, podcaster and mother of three based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
In a prior life I worked as a Chartered Accountant in Melbourne, Australia then London, UK but I have put my full-time career on hold to focus on my young children, writing, share trading, joining countless committees and in my remaining time learning more about the world through the friends I meet and of course, my travels.
From street stalls in Asia to beer cafes in Belgium I regularly travelled for over 10 years prior to having my first child in 2010. I assumed from this point onward my travel days would be numbered; but as my daughter’s passport is testament to, she had already visited five continents and clocked up 100,000 air miles with us by the tender age of three.
With three children now in tow, my travel experiences have certainly changed – and our combined air miles sit well over 1,000,000! – but our travels are still rewarding.
The Globetrotters Blog draws on my own travel experiences and the advice I have gathered from fellow travelling parents, as well as what I have learnt about different cultures and how the expatriate life affects parenting.
As well as managing the Globetrotters blog and associated social media accounts, Keri is available to do freelance work for online and print publications as well as guest posts with like-minded bloggers – you can see some examples below.
Please email email@example.com for further information.
If you are interested in advertising and sponsored posts in the family travel and expat sector, please see the “work with us” page.
Follow along with Keri & the Globetrotters on Social Media
Other Publications & Roles
Little City Trips
Keri is the co-founder of “Little City Trips”, a website and podcast dedicated to helping families plan big city trips with kids!
It is the perfect place to come to plan a city adventure, with guides on the best places to stay, things to do, when best to visit and what to pack. A unique and often unexplored way to travel with your kids, Little City Trips really shines the light on the benefits of city travel as a family – break free from package resort holiday’s and come take a look!
The City Travel with Kids podcast explores a new city each week with parents who know their city best sharing their top tips for tourists and hidden gems for families
Family Travel in the Middle East
Using her vast knowledge of tourism in the Middle East region, Keri founded Middle East travel resource “Family Travel in the Middle East“. Dispelling myths and providing family travellers with the resources and knowledge they need to confidently explore the often misunderstood Middle East. This is a collaborative platform that showcases not only Keri’s own travel stories and practical tips but contributions from travel writers from across the region.
Perlu Advisor – Middle East
Keri is part of the advisor team for Perlu – an influencer collaboration platform helping bloggers and brands connect.
You can see more of Keri’s work, guest posts and interviews here:
- Vacation Mavens – Jordan with kids
- Epic Education – Long haul flying with young kids
- Amateur Traveller – Discover the United Arab Emirates
- Anglo Info – An introduction to schooling in the United Arad Emirates
- Bub Hub – 9 Tips for Travelling while Pregnant
- Families Magazine – Top 10 Dubai Attractions with Kids
Blogger Guest Posts
- Chirping Moms – How to plan a vacation to Australia
- Mum on the Move – 48 Hours in Dubai
- Journalist on the Run – Best Places to Visit in Oman
- Kids are a Trip – Best Day Trips from Dubai with Kids
- Coasting Australia – South West Australia – beyond Perth with Kids
- Toddlers on Tour – Which is the Best Middle East Stopover City
- Go Beyond Bounds – 10+ Fascinating Things to do in Dubai with Kids
- Travel writer for British Mums (Dubai) September 2016 – July 2017
- Writer for Arabian Travel Market Holiday Shopper blog
- Abu Dhabi local expert contributor to Touring Bird