Are you looking for something to gift the traveling coffeeholic in your life? You’re probably leaning towards a mug, but spoiler alert: they likely already have dozens of those.
Here are five gifts that are great for travel that the coffee addict in your life will love (and may not already own!)
This post is part of our travel gift series – pop on over to find inspiration for all the travelers in your life!
If you’re traveling, you don’t have time to connect a coffee machine to whip up a fresh brew. Therefore, instead of giving them a coffee maker they’ll have to leave at home, gift them one they can take along on their journey.
A portable manual coffee grinder means they’ll be able to drink java on the go. You’ll have to decide between a blade or burr grinder when shopping for one. Blade grinders are more affordable, but burr grinders produce a more consistent grind. This results in a richer, more balanced brew.
Other benefits of a manual grinder are:
- Designed for travel
- Lightweight and compact
- Sold in durable materials like stainless steel
- Don’t require a power source to use
2. Travel Coffee Cups & Mugs
With a travel thermos, your coffee-loving friend will have piping hot coffee for a full day of adventure. How these devices work is they’re designed with insulation materials to keep hot or cold beverages at a consistent temperature for hours.
Travel mugs are also reusable, bringing the added benefit of reduced waste. Plus, your traveling, coffee-drinking friend can’t have too many thermoses. Just be sure you get them a quality one with excellent insulation features, durable materials, and for some bonus points – a travel-themed design.
Pour-over coffee involves you, a cup, a filter, and a funnel. There’s no need for any expensive machines, making it a nice gift for your coffee-drinking traveler.
These gadgets are lightweight, compact, and easy to use. Pair them with a 1zpresso manual grinder and a travel cup, and your friend has everything they need to stay energized on the go.
Pour a slow stream of hot water over the grounds to make a great cup. In turn, you’ll receive a full-flavored cup of coffee. It’s that simple!
A subscription service allows you to try different kinds of coffee beans and roasts from all over the world. After subscribing, you can receive your packages directly to your doorstep – regardless of where you are.
Subscribers can get a weekly or monthly subscription, and many times they come with a postcard of where the coffee came from and brewing recommendations.
Pair any of the gifts listed above with a helpful, portable accessory. Here are some great options:
- Reusable Straws. A reusable silicone straw comes in handy if you have an eco-conscious coffee drinker who prefers their coffee iced.
- Coffee Canister. Gift your friend a way to carry fresh coffee beans or grounds anywhere they go. For example, a 4 oz stainless steel canister will take up little space while keeping grounds fresh.
- Reusable Filter. Consider gifting a reusable filter that can be washed and used more than once. Not only are you eliminating waste, but it also means lighter, more cost-effective traveling.
With these options in mind, consider the gift your friend will appreciate the most. Have they hinted at wanting a manual grinder? Are they eco-conscious and would enjoy a reusable thermos, straw, or coffee filter? Do they stick to one particular roast or prefer to try new ones?
Once you have a better idea of their preferences, choosing the right gift will be easy. And you honestly can’t go wrong with any of the gifted options listed above!
You can find our complete collection of travel gift guides over here, including
- Best Gifts For Outdoorsy Women
- 50+ Ideas For Men That Travel
- Non-Toy Gift Ideas For Kids
- 60+ Gifts For Adventurous Tweens
- Insanely Useful Gifts For Travel-Living Families