Temperatures are rising which means summer is making its way in. What better way to cool down than to take a trip to some of the best waterparks to visit this summer!
Not only are waterparks fun for the kids, but they have fun and unique experiences that the entire family can enjoy and have fun with. Yes… even us adults can get in on the water action!
Let’s take a look at some of the best places to cool off around the US this summer, fun places you can look to incorporate into your family road trip!
This post is part of our Best Destinations series and Discover the USA
Discovery Cove in Orlando, Florida
It’s no secret that Florida has some of the best waterparks to visit in the summer. If you live near or are headed to Florida to enjoy the warm weather, you won’t want to miss out on Discovery Cove located in Orlando.
Discovery Cove is an all-inclusive day resort that gives the entire family a one-of-a-kind opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty and experiences the area has to offer. Plus, the kids will have a blast as they get up close with some of the best experiences in Discovery Cove.
What to do at Discovery Cove
- See hundreds of colorful birds soar around the area in the Explorer’s Aviary. The area is a natural habitat for birds, and you can even let them nibble on the fruit in your hands.
- Swim with the otters and marmosets that live in the Freshwater Oasis.
- Snorkel in the coral reef habitat with thousands of tropical fish.
- Swim with the dolphins and interact with them in an up-close and personal way while you visit the Dolphin Lagoon.
- Unwind and relax near the water as you soak up the sun and take a break or melt away your worries in a tropical paradise.
Jay Peak Resort and Waterpark in Jay, Vermont
Get the full experience of an indoor waterpark at the Jay Peak Resort and Waterpark in Vermont. Known as the Pump House, it’s the only indoor waterpark located in Vermont and a must-visit for anyone family who wants to enjoy some water fun.
What to do at the Pump House
- Experience the Double Barrel Flowrider, a cross between skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding without the snow or sharks.
- Take a ride on the Big River around the park and experience strong currents, lots of turns, and different depth charges.
- Let the kids play in the Mill Pond play area where they shoot out of water cannons, have water buckets showering them, or play on the water-friendly jungle gym that’s in the center of the area.
- Take a trip on one of their famous slides or try out the adventurous La Chute which stands 65’ in the air and takes you straight to the bottom.
- Take a dip in the deepwater activity pool where you can play sports or enjoy the outdoor pool.
Noah’s Ark Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Dells is a popular place for families and groups to visit during the summer months. There are a ton of different events and activities the whole family can take part in while visiting. One of the best areas to check out is Noah’s Ark Waterpark.
What To Do at Noah’s Ark Waterpark
- Both toddlers and adults can enjoy the variety of water slides and rides.
- Take a spin on the Black Thunder, the Flash Flood, and other exciting rides.
- Enjoy a trip around the two lazy rivers when you’re ready for a relaxing water ride.
- Kids can enjoy the wave pools and calm water areas around the park.
Holiday World & Splashin Safari in Santa Clause, Indiana
If you see a list of the best waterparks to visit during the summer months, Holiday World & Splashin Safari is most likely going to be on every one of those lists. Fun for kids of all ages, this is a waterpark you definitely want to visit and enjoy this summer.
What to do at Holiday World & Splashin Safari
- Take a ride on one of the many coasters the park has to offer including the Mammoth Water Coaster.
- Brave the Raging Rapids or the Revolution if you are feeling adventurous during your stay.
- Enjoy a nice relaxing ride with the kids or enjoy some time in one of the pools.
Legoland California Water Park in Carlsbad, California
We know Legoland as a popular theme park destination that features our favorite LEGO-themed characters, toys, and intricate and amazing LEGO designs. When in California, one stop you should make this summer is the Legoland Water Park.
What to do at the Legoland Water Park
- Build your own raft out of LEGOs and then take it out on the water and float down the lazy river.
- Slide through the mouth of a crocodile or take part in some of the other features over at Cragger’s Swamp.
- The DUPLO Splash Safari has everything young children need to enjoy a day in the water. You can also check out the Imagination Station where you can build and learn with DUPLO bricks.
- For more of a rush, you can take a trip on the Riptide Racers, Pirate Reef, or Orange Rush ride.
- Check out the Wipeout Lagoon, Splash Zoo, and other kid-friendly zones the park has to offer.
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Chicago, Illinois
When the snow fades and the weather starts to get warmer in Illinois, one place you will want to have some fun is the Six Flags Hurricane Harbor. No matter the age, there is something everyone can enjoy when you visit!
What to do at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
- Get your fix of adrenaline rides with a variety of thrill rides offered in the park.
- Visit a show or attend some of the special events the park likes to throw throughout the summer.
- Let the kids enjoy some time on some of the rides like the Twisting Swings, Whirlwinds, and others.
- Enjoy floating, or racing, down the river with the family in some of the most exciting water rides the park has to offer.
- Cool off and relax in some of the family-friendly and kid-friendly play areas around the park.
Silver Dollar City’s White Water in Branson, Missouri
Hidden in the town of Branson, Missouri, you’ll find Silver Dollar City’s White Water park. Known for its country charm, Silver Dollar City is a theme park that has many things the family can enjoy and take part in. This time though, we are going to focus on the water park section.
What to do at Silver Dollar City’s White Water
- Transport yourself to the jungles of the South Pacific and take a ride down the river with the Aloha River at Hula Hula Bay.
- Take a dip with the kids at the Surf’s Up Wave Pool which holds over 500,000 gallons of water.
- Get a thrill of a lifetime when you take the Kalani Towers Mat Racer, Pipeline Plunge, or the Waikiki Wave rides. These are just a few of the fan-favorite rides offered at the park.
- Let the kids run through the water at the Splashaway Cay or enjoy some of the smaller thrill rides at Coconut Cove.
Soaky Mountain Waterpark in Sevierville, Tennessee
Another fun waterpark that is a must-visit this summer is the Soaky Mountain Waterpark in Tennessee. One of the newer waterparks in the state, Soaky Mountain has quickly become a fan favorite that many families have enjoyed. There are so many different things to explore, these are just a few of the highlights.
What to do at Soaky Mountain Waterpark
- Young children can enjoy some time at Mini Mayhem, Boomer’s Bay, The Hive, or Lil Rattlers where they can experience the thrill of water slides and rides.
- Test your agility and balance at the challenging Slippery Salamanders inflatable water obstacle course.
- Jump in the wave pool if you dare but be careful because that wave pool generates waves as high as 6 feet.
- Take a trip down one of the many slides or rapids in the park.
Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort in New Braunfels, Texas
Ready to enjoy the summer Texas-style? The Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort is where you will want to head. Near San Antonio, this waterpark is full of adventurous river rides, pools, waterslides, and more. There are a ton of different things kids and adults can do.
What to do at Schlitterbahn Waterpark & Resort
- Enjoy some time in one of the heated pools you will find around the park.
- Take a ride down the Black Knight, Bahnzai Pipeline, or one of the other thrilling water rides at the park.
- Enjoy a ride down some of the water tracks or rivers while tubing with the family.
- Visit the Lagoon Kid’s Area, River Bend Pool, or the Polywog Pond Kiddie Park so the little ones can enjoy some calm fun.
Summer is the season of fun. It’s also hot. One of the best ways to beat the summer heat and let the whole family enjoy some fun time is to visit at least one waterpark throughout the summer. Not only will it help keep you cool, but it’ll be a great experience for everyone in the family.
If you’re ready for some fun in the sun, and the water, these are some of the best waterparks to visit this summer.
Before you go! Check out our top water park tips so that everyone can keep their cool and have a fun day out in the sun
Helpful? Bookmark this page or Save it to Pinterest for Later
Theme Park lovers, you may also enjoy:
- Learn more about the best theme parks in the world, as chosen by our family travel blogging community
- Our review of the best water parks in the UAE, Dubai, and beyond for incredible water thrills in the desert
© Our Globetrotters | Feature Images Canva