Has your bub started to get antsy in his traditional stroller, but you don’t entirely trust him enough to give him total freedom yet? Or maybe you have multiple younger children and need a way to contain them safely while on trips, on the trails, and just going to the grocery store?
If you’re discovering that a regular stroller just isn’t cutting it anymore, we’re here to tell you about a fabulous alternative – stroller wagons! Stroller wagons have become very popular on the parenting scene over the past several years, and we’re fans of them as well. In fact, we very much wish that we had one when our children were young, as it would have saved everyone a lot of fussing and headaches!
Whether you’re new to the wagon stroller scene or considering an upgrade, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve researched the best stroller wagons on the market, whether you have one or multiple kids. The best match for your family is just a click away!
This post is part of our family travel products review series
- TL;DR – Summary of the Best Wagon Strollers
- Pros and cons of using a stroller wagon vs conventional stroller, double strollers
- Key Features to Look For in a Great Wagon Stroller
- 7 Best Stroller Wagons for 2023 – The Details
- Our Top Pick: Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
- Best Stroller Wagon for the Beach: Keenz 7S 2.0 Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon
- Best Baby Wagon: Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon
- Best Wagon Stroller for 3+ Kids: Wonderfold W4 Luxe Quad Stroller Wagon
- Best Stroller Wagon for City Travel: Delta Children Hercules Stroller Wagon
- Best All-Terrain Stroller Wagon: Veer Cruiser
- Best Value Wagon Stroller for Kids: Baby Trend Expedition 2-in-1 Stroller Wagon Plus
- More Trending Travel Products You’ll Love
As Amazon Associates, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases made from this page.
TL;DR – Summary of the Best Wagon Strollers
|Brand||Capacity & Features||Dimensions||Pricing|
|Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon||2 Children 6 months to 5 years - max 55lbs per child|
Car seat adapter sold separately
|45" x 27" x 39" standing|
27.5" x 23" x 37.5" folded
Product is 34.7 lbs
|$$- Check Latest Price Here|
|Keenz Original 7S Stroller Wagon||Max carry loads 300lbs|
5-point adjustable harness
10-point adjustable handle
|37.5" x 26" x 44.5" |
Product is 33 lbs
|$$ - Check Latest Price Here|
|Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon by Delta Children||Max weight 110lbs|
Includes an adapter for infant seats
|46" x 29" x 46" standing|
38" x 29" x 25" folded
Product is 50.3 lbs
|$$ -Check Latest Price Here|
|WONDERFOLD W4 Luxe Quad Stroller Wagon||Max 99 lbs per bench, 300lbs total|
5 point harness and reclining seats
|49" x 29" x 43" standing|
29" x 20" x44.5" folded
Product is 27.4 lbs
|$$$ -Check Latest Price Here|
|Delta Children Hercules Stroller Wagon||Max 55lbs pre seat,|
110 lbs total
|51.2" x 19.5" x 44" standing|
16" x 12.6" x 31.5" folded
Product is 36.3 lbs
|$ -Check Latest Price Here|
|Veer Cruiser||55 lbs per seat|
300 lbs total
Car seat adapter sold separately
|37" x 25" x 23" standing|
37" x20" x14" folded
Product is 32.5"
|$$$- Check Latest Price Here|
|Baby Trend Expedition Stroller Wagon||55 lbs per seat, 110 lbs total|
Universal Car Seat Adapter Included
|48" x 26.25" x 43" standing|
45" x 26.25" x 18.5" folded
Product is 37.9 lbs
|$ - Check Latest Prices Here|
Pricing Guidance: $ – Under $300 USD: $$ – $300-600 USD; $$$ – over $600 USD
Pros and cons of using a stroller wagon vs conventional stroller, double strollers
Here are a few pros and cons of using a stroller wagon versus a traditional stroller that you will want to consider:
Pros of Wagon strollers:
Increased Weight Capacity
A significant advantage of a wagon for kids is the increased carrying capacity. Many strollers have a max weight limit of around 40 pounds. A wagon stroller, on the other hand, can handle 50 to 100 pounds per seat. That’s quite a bit more!
Extra Storage Space
Most strollers have limited under-seat storage for the necessities, such as sippy cups, diaper bags, etc. A benefit to stroller wagons is that they have a wide base and many exterior storage accessories. That added space gives your kids room to stretch out with room to spare. This also makes it the perfect place to take a snooze while you’re out and about.
One of the best things about wagon strollers is their versatility. Aside from providing a comfy place for your kids to ride, there are so many other possibilities! Tote a cooler and picnic blanket for a family lunch at the park. Haul all your floaties and towels for a day at the beach. Wagon strollers are perfect for endless occasions!
We all know how soiled a stroller can get, but removing everything to wash is not always possible. Many wagons for kids allow you to remove the fabric to clean it, and the material itself is often waterproof or weatherproof. This makes it easier to brush away those goldfish crumbs and other snacks that always find their way to the floor.
Better for Older Kids
If you have toddlers and slightly older children, a stroller wagon often provides a more spacious area for them to stretch out in. There’s usually enough room for multiple kids and everything they need for a comfortable ride around town.
To help with a comparison, you may also want to check out:
- Our Guide to the best Double Jogging Strollers – ideal if you spend a lot of time out in parks and off-the-beaten path
- The Best Lightweight Double Strollers – perfect for jet setters and those that are frequently needing to fold their strollers to transport them
- The best stroller alternatives for preschoolers+ who’ve outgrown their normal strollers
Cons of Wagon Strollers:
Not as Newborn-Friendly
Most strollers allow you to insert a car seat with or without an adapter, but that’s not guaranteed with a stroller wagon. If you have a newborn, make sure to check if the wagon includes a car seat adapter or if you need to purchase one separately. If so, it’s worth considering the extra expense before purchasing.
Many are Pull-Only
While you can push all strollers, the same isn’t guaranteed for a wagon stroller. This isn’t a deal breaker, of course, but pulling a wagon full of kids around all day can quickly become exhausting. However, we’ve researched several strollers that are pull/push to help you make the best decision!
Difficult to Maneuver
Stroller wagons can be trickier to navigate than most strollers, mainly due to their shape and size. The benefit of stroller wagons is that they have a higher weight capacity, which also means they’re not as easy to maneuver. And there’s also the issue of taking a wagon stroller to the airport – you would need a lightweight model that’s easily foldable to tackle escalators and stairs.
Not Allowed at Disney
If you don’t plan to visit Disney’s theme parks in your kids’ lifetimes, this won’t be an enormous drawback. However, if you do want to make that magical journey, you’ll need a stroller for Disney trips. Disney and other festivals/theme parks don’t accept wagon strollers. If you plan on visiting those places, it’s wise to check restrictions beforehand.
Key Features to Look For in a Great Wagon Stroller
A two-seater might be perfect for you if you have one or two children, as it’s lighter and easier to maneuver. However, if you’d prefer more room or plan on expanding your family, a larger stroller wagon would suit your bubs much better.
The ideal stroller wagon for your family will be able to roll over many different types of terrain. This gives you the freedom to take your kids to the beach, sightseeing, or just out for a walk or picnic at the park. We recommend choosing a wagon with all-terrain wheels and a high-quality suspension system to help you navigate uneven terrain.
Regardless of which wagon stroller you choose, it’s essential to read up on its maximum weight and height capacity. Also, if you have an infant, don’t put them in the wagon without a car seat adapter. Many models come standard with a five-point harness, which is much safer than a lap belt.
A well-designed canopy should be a deciding factor when selecting the best kids wagon for your family. After all, you’ll be using it for trips to the beach, the park, and other outings on sunny days. The canopy should be large enough to provide shade for everyone riding in the wagon. Some wagon strollers even come with removable tops or mesh sides that you can zip on and off.
In our opinion, the amount of storage space should be a top priority when choosing a wagon stroller! After all, you’ll need places for snacks, sippy cups, and everything else that goes with an afternoon out and about. Most wagons have storage areas included, as well as additional storage available for purchase.
Look for a wagon stroller with front swivel wheels and all-terrain wheels that allow you to navigate it over many types of terrain easily. You should also check the kind of braking mechanism the stroller wagon has and how simple it is to set.
The best stroller wagon will have an adjustable handlebar that allows you to push and pull it with ease. A telescoping handlebar is also beneficial when modifying for parents and guardians of different heights. There’s nothing more uncomfortable than having to hunch over to push a heavy stroller!
7 Best Stroller Wagons for 2023 – The Details
Our Top Pick: Evenflo Pivot Xplore All-Terrain Stroller Wagon
Why We Love It: The Evenflo Pivot Explore all-terrain stroller wagon has our top vote for several reasons. First, it’s more compact than other options. This means it takes up less room in your trunk and makes it more suitable for traveling.
We also like the versatility of the two separate, foldable canopies. If you only have one child riding in the wagon, they can just use one side and fold down the other.
Finally, the Evenflo Pivot Explore can be pushed or pulled with a flip of the 3-position telescoping handle. Your kids will also love the shareable snack tray and footwell.
Possible Cons: Due to its compact size, the Evenflo Pivot Explore has less storage space than other models.
- Product Weight: 34.7 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 55 lbs per bench/110 lbs total
- Dimensions: 45 x 27 x 39 inches
- Folded: 27.5 x 23 x 37.5 inches
- Travel System Option: Toddler seat and car seat adapter sold separately
- Seats: 3-point harness
- Colors: Adventurer, Green/Olive, Wayfarer
- Canopy Coverage: Two separate foldable UPF 50+ canopies
- Storage: Easy access basket and side pockets
- Wheels: All-terrain
Best Stroller Wagon for the Beach: Keenz 7S 2.0 Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon
Why We Love It: The Keenz 7S 2.0 Ultimate Adventure Stroller Wagon has everything you need for the ultimate day at the beach – or anywhere else! It comes fully loaded with all the accessories you and your children need, such as a canopy system with a storage bag, cooler, cup holder, and shared snack tray.
The lightweight aluminum frame allows you to maneuver the stroller wagon over rough terrain easily, and the cushioned seats enable your bubs to ride in maximum comfort. Add an impressive 10-point adjustable leather handlebar, and you can’t go wrong with this best wagon stroller for the beach!
Possible Cons: The stroller wagon is bulky – even when folded – so it wouldn’t be ideal for travel.
- Product Weight: 33 lbs
- Max Child Weight: Up to 55 lbs/300 lbs total
- Dimensions: 37.5 x 26 x 44.5 inches
- Folded: N/A
- Travel System Option: No
- Seat and Positions: 5-point adjustable harness
- Colors: Black-Grey
- Canopy Coverage: Large canopy system with blackout panels
- Storage: Ventilated shoe storage, external pockets, storage bin, and phone/cup holder
- Wheels: All-terrain
Best Baby Wagon: Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon
Why We Love It: The Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon is our best wagon stroller for babies because it comes with a car seat adapter. This allows you to use the stroller wagon three ways – in car seat mode, wagon mode, and stroller mode.
The adjustable telescoping handlebars let you push or pull the wagon stroller wherever you go, and there’s plenty of storage to keep all the essentials with you (and more).
One of our favorite features of this baby wagon stroller is the removable mesh canopy. The sides roll down to provide additional shade in hot weather to keep your children as cool and comfortable as possible.
Possible Cons: The Jeep Deluxe Wrangler Stroller Wagon is on the heavier side, so it can be hard to steer if you have older children inside.
- Product Weight: 50.4 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 110 lbs total
- Dimensions: 46 x 29 x 46 inches
- Folded: 38 x 29 x 25 inches
- Travel System Option: Car Seat Adapter Included
- Seat: 5-point adjustable harness
- Colors: Black/Green
- Canopy Coverage: Removable UV-blocking fabric/mesh canopy with roll-down shades
- Storage: Detachable cooler bag, parent organizer, parent cup holders, front and back external storage pockets
- Wheels: Pneumatic, puncture-proof tires w/swivel front wheels
Best Wagon Stroller for 3+ Kids: Wonderfold W4 Luxe Quad Stroller Wagon
Why We Love It: If you’re looking for a stroller wagon for 3 kids or more, the Wonderfold W4 Luxe Quad stroller wagon is a fabulous choice. This is the ultimate wagon for big kids, but it’s designed for children six months and up.
Each bench has two reclining seats, adjustable five-point harnesses with magnetic buckles, and the deep carriage basket to keep your children as safe as possible.
The easy-access front zipper door allows your kids to climb in and out easily. The adjustable push handle, extra storage, and easy-clean fabric make this the perfect double stroller wagon for your family.
Possible Cons: The Wonderfold W4 is one of the best wagons for kids and is also one of the priciest. This may impact whether or not you choose to purchase one for your family.
- Product Weight: 27.4 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 99 lbs per bench/300 lbs total
- Dimensions: 49 x 29 x 54 inches
- Folded: 29 x 20 x 44.5 inches
- Travel System Option: No
- Seat: Adjustable 5-point harness, reclining seats, magnetic buckles
- Colours: Volcanic Black, Noble Navy, Charcoal Gray, Charcoal Gray White Frame, Black Camo, Shadow Green Camo
- Canopy Coverage: Removable canopy
- Storage: Front zippered pocket, large storage basket, exterior side pockets
- Wheels: XL All-Terrain Polyurethane Wheels
Best Stroller Wagon for City Travel: Delta Children Hercules Stroller Wagon
Why We Love It: Sometimes you just need an easy way to transport kids while you’re doing everyday life, and the Delta Children Hercules stroller wagon is a great choice. The spacious seating area holds two children with room to spare.
Puncture-proof tires help you easily manoeuver sidewalks, grocery stores, and even sand and uneven terrain. The push/pull handlebars adjust to several height positions and angles to suit any height. And the best part is, there’s plenty of storage and room for kids to pack all of their (and your) essentials.
Possible Cons: Although this stroller wagon has large, all-terrain wheels, it can be challenging to steer on rougher ground, especially if it’s fully loaded.
- Product Weight: 36.3 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 55 lbs per seat/ 110 lbs total
- Dimensions: 51.2 x 19.5 x 44 inches
- Folded: 16 x 12.6 x 31.5 inches
- Travel System Option: No
- Seat and Positions: 3-point harness
- Colors: Black
- Canopy Coverage: Removable UV blocking Canopy w/Mesh Roll-Down Shades
- Storage: Center console w/2 cup holders, exterior pockets, parent cup holder
- Wheels: 8-inch Puncture-Proof All-Terrain Wheels, Swivel Front Wheels w/brakes
Best All-Terrain Stroller Wagon: Veer Cruiser
Why We Love It: The Veer Cruiser is built with off-roading in mind, making it the best all-terrain wagon for kids on the market. The wagon’s frame is both rugged and lightweight, and it’s folds down to become impressively compact. The Veer Cruiser’s compact design also makes it an ideal choice for travel, and you can gate-check it with most airlines.
It was built with maneuverability in mind, and you can easily push, pull, or pull alongside on any adventure your family wants to go on. The Veer Cruiser’s practical design also makes it easy to clean – just hose it down to wash off dirt and grime. The included cup holders and snack tray offer extra storage, and the large, rugged tires allow you to take it virtually anywhere.
Possible Cons: The Veer Cruiser focuses on superior durability, not luxury. While it does have a retractable canopy, added storage basket, and cushioned seats for toddlers, you must purchase them separately.
- Product Weight: 32.5 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 55 lbs per seat/110 pounds total/300 lbs cargo capacity
- Dimensions: 37 x 25 x 23 inches
- Folded: 37 x 20 x 14 inches
- Travel System Option: Yes, Car seat adapter and nap system are sold separately
- Seat and Positions: 3-point harness
- Colors: Black
- Canopy Coverage: Retractable canopy sold separately
- Storage: 2 cup holders, snack track included/Additional storage basket sold separately
- Wheels: All-Terrain Wheels
Best Value Wagon Stroller for Kids: Baby Trend Expedition 2-in-1 Stroller Wagon Plus
Why We Love It: Baby Trend has built a reputation for producing reasonably priced baby gear without sacrificing quality, and the Baby Trend Expedition 2-in-1 Stroller Wagon Plus is no exception. It wins our vote for the best baby wagon for the money, and it’s easy to see why.
This wagon is all about the storage! It includes an extra large cargo space with seating for two kids and parent and child trays with multiple cup holders, all without needing to purchase additional accessories. In addition, the breathable mesh canopy is also completely adjustable, protecting your bubs from bugs and the sun.
We also love the hideaway pull handle that allows you to transition from a push stroller to full wagon mode. All in all, an excellent buy for a reasonable price point!
Possible Cons: While parents generally raved about this stroller, many who purchased it did say that they wished it folded more compactly.
- Product Weight: 37.9 lbs
- Max Child Weight: 55 lbs per seat/110 lbs
- Dimensions: 48 x 26.25 x 43 inches
- Folded: 45 x 26.25 x 18.5 inches
- Travel System Option: Universal car seat adapter included
- Seat and Positions: 3-point safety harness and spacious seating area
- Colors: Liberty Midnight, Ultra Black, Ultra Grey, Ultra Marine
- Canopy Coverage: UPF 50+ canopy with air-flow mosquito netting
- Storage: Soft parent storage console, removable center snack console, exterior storage pockets
- Wheels: 11-inch rear and 8-inch front wheels with added suspension
More Trending Travel Products You’ll Love
If you found this stroller wagon guide helpful, you may want to take a deep dive into more of our family travel product reviews, perfect for the adventurous traveling family
- We closely examine the best types of weatherproof tents – keeping your family warm and dry outdoors, whatever the weather!
- The Best Hiking Carriers For Toddlers – if you’re ready to lighten the load and leave the wheels at home, you might still want a sturdy and reliable toddler carrier for when legs get tired.
- Best Cots and Bassinets For Babies and Toddlers – sleeping on the go made easy with these lightweight and portable sleep solutions.
- Is it worth investing a traveling high chair? Feeding on-the-go solutions for younger children
Helpful? Bookmark this page or save it to Pinterest for later
© Our Globetrotters | Feature Images CanvaPro